Meggie Flanigan, a sophomore golfer from Wadsworth, Ohio, has been awarded the John Hunt Morgan Leadership Award (JHMLA) for the 2018-19 academic year. The John Hunt Morgan Leadership Award is presented each year to a selected MMI cadet for outstanding leadership, demonstrated commitment to fellow students, and the embodiment of MMI's enduring principles of Truth, Honor, and Service. Meggie will receive the John Hunt Morgan Leadership Medal and have the honor of wearing the traditional Morgan's Raider Ribbon. She will also be recognized at the parade during Alumni Weekend and be inducted into the John Hunt Morgan Hunt Military Society.
In order to be considered for this award, cadets must have first attained the following prior to the beginning of the selection process which typically begins soon after the completion of the first academic semester:
- GPA - 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Rank – SFC or higher
- Complete two semesters at MMI
- Earn a sports letter or have membership in an equivalent organization such as Swamp Fox or White Knights
- Receive a nomination by one of four nomination committee members - Executive Vice President and Chief Academic Officer, Vice President for Student Affairs and Commandant of Cadets, Athletic Director, Professor of Military Science
The award winner is determined each spring by a selection process set forth and managed by the JHMLA Final Selection Committee. This committee shall be comprised of the following:
- Two at-large members from the MMI Faculty/Staff chosen by MMI's President
- The JHMLE Executive Committee
Congratulations to Meggie for this great accomplishment!